Monday, September 26, 2011

Smooches- An urgent girl that breaks and fills my heart- all at the same time!

Smooches- An urgent girl that breaks and fills my heart- all at the same time!

by Stubbs Mac Crossposting on Monday, September 26, 2011 at 4:01am

Smooches is no ordinary brindle girl.  She is a petite lady and has clearly been through past trauma with a partially amputated back foot. She clearly has had pups and was dumped by her owner at a shelter that euthanizes when the shelter has no other option.

She first caught my eye because she is in the back kennels that are seldom visited by shelter guests.  Then I noticed that where there should have been a back foot, there was nothing.  And a bad amputation at that.  Home-done?  Trap? Who knows?  Anyway, it must have been excrutiating.  Then to have had pups and dumped at a kill shelter should have been the last straw for this girl.  It sure would have put me in a hateful mood.
~~~
BUT the amazing thing about Smooches is that she is one of the most sweet, trusting, and loving dogs I have seen in a long time. SHE doesn't know she has a handicap either.  When I walked into her kennel and knelt down to greet her, I was showered with doggie kisses for at least 3-5 minutes.  Her whole body was wiggling with joy. She was so happy to have some attention an someone to love on her. When I took her out of the kennel, probably for the first time since she was put in (except to clean it) she immediately took the opportunity to relieve herself in the grass. She so enjoyed the smell of the grasses and the fresh sweet air.  She walks with a slight limp, but it doesn't affect her in a functional way.  I had the great idea of seeing how the foot affected her running.  She and I did a couple of laps up and down the fence perimeter.  She had no idea she couldn't run, but she shortly made me realize that I couldn't!

There was no aggression towards people or other dogs.  This sweet baby has the heart and soul of a lioness!  She is very loving, brave, and deserves a home that will love her as much as she will love you back. She loves kids and gave as many kisses to my 5 year old daughter as she did to me!

~~~~
I DO consider her urgent.  In the back, she will be overlooked.  Some will discriminate because of her "handicap", some will discriminate because she shows the temporary "anatomical signs" of being a recent mother, and some will discriminate because of the breed mix, but if they do, they will be missing one helluvadog! She can do anything that other dogs can do, even play in the pool!
~~~~
I am BEGGING someone to give this disguised angel on earth a good and loving home before it is too late for her.
She is located at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter in Conroe, Texas (just North of Houston).

No comments:

Post a Comment